Our Meeting tonight will be brief but filled with important information. Copies of everything shared will be stored on the shared drive in the "2009-2010 Staff Evaluation" folder.
Below is the text of an e-mail from David Fairall, our HR director, with instructions on how to access web based documents;
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCESSING THE TEACHER EVALUATION ORIENTATION MATERIALS
1) From the WS/FCS home page, click on "Web Portals".
2) Click on "Teachers".
3) If you get a security pop-up window, answer affirmatively. When prompted for a log in, use your network log in ID and password. This is the log-in that you use when you first start up your computer, unless you have Windows password protected. In that case, it is the second log-in you enter when starting up your computer.
4) On the left side of the page, click on "Information for Teachers".
5) Click on "Shared Documents" in the main window.
6) Click on "Evaluation Orientation Documents"
This gives you access to the evaluation calendars, State Board of Education policy on the new evaluation process, and the assessment rubric that you will use for your self assessment.
IMPORTANT!!! -- After you open the file "TE Rubric Assessment Form", go to the "File" menu, select "Save AS..." and save this form to your "My Documents" folder on the H:\ drive. You can name the file anything that makes sense to you, but since you will be completing this form each year, you should include the year in the file name. If you don't do "Save As...", and you complete your self assessment and just hit the "Save" button, every teacher in WS/FCS will be able to access your self-assessment. By saving it to your "My Documents" folder on the H:\ drive, you will be able to access it by logging onto the Teacher Web Portal from any location, including from your home computer. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or higher to be able to complete the form electronically in Adobe Acrobat and save the information you enter.
David Fairall, SPHR
Director of Human Resources
Winston Salem/Forsyth County Schools
PO Box 2513
Winston-Salem, NC 27102
Phone: (336) 748-4079
Fax: (336) 727-2739